TEXAS COUNSELING AND WELLNESS CALL NOW (469) 499-4597
In light of the heightened Coronavirus situation currently impacting
people throughout the country and the world, the presence of anxiety
- Increase your knowledge - React to facts, not rumors or speculations. Seek information only form reliable resources.
- Practice self care - Don't put yourself in challenging situations. Pay attention to your discomfort.
- Be aware of current events. However, do not immerse yourself with news 24/7 to the point that you increase your anxiety.
- Take precautions to wash your hands frequently and stay away from large events and gatherings. Follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization.
- Focus only on things that you can control, namely you, your actions, your safety, your interactions with others, and your thoughts.
- If you feel that your anxiety is affecting your functioning, reach out to a mental health provider.
Ward off Boredom:
With isolation becoming our new way of life, here is a list of ideas to ward off the boredom:
- Learn something new - maybe from a tutorial on YouTube
- Video call family and friends
- Solve crossword puzzles, sodoku, riddles, etc
- Play a board Game
- Find out trivia information and share with family and friends
- Learn more about your friends and family via questions (Book idea: 3000 Questions About Me Journal. Piccadilly)
- Talk about ideas for future travel
- Go on virtual tour of a museum
- Check out a national park virtually, or help your child earn a National Park Junior Ranger Badge https://craftknife.blogspot.com/2018/06/heres-every-national-park-junior-ranger.html?fbclid=IwAR1kiaLgEIflnqRH7s8DngzhkR4lH9AQKOGlyq5R-0jsq70pbnU80wG-W_k&m=1
- learn about other countries and new cultures
- Learn to cook something new
- Learn to paint/draw or do something creative
- Learn a new language
- Journal your isolation experience, it may be interesting to read later on
- Look at old photos and share memories
- Get in touch with old friends and renew friendships
- Spend more time with your pet, learn more about your pet, and or teach your pet new tricks
- Read more, share books with friends and family
- Clean you closet, donate if you can
- Put together a play list of your favorite music
- Find an exercise on YouTube video, and enjoy it
- Take a new course online (Harvard and Yale are offering free classes)
- Rearrange furniture
- Put together a budget
- Learn more about financial planning and retirement
- Listen to an interesting podcast
- Create your own list
- Social Distancing:
- We are social beings, and seek social interactions
- For an increased safety, we can socialize virtually.
- Spend more time outdoor, and engage in activities, such as soccer, jogging, running, walking, that require less physical contact.
- Avoid visiting the elderly, or others with compromised immune system, they are more susceptible to infections.
DUE TO THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), AND FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR CLIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY, ALL SESSIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED REMOTELY, AS OF 3/16/2020, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
It is our responsibility to keep our clients and our community healthy and safe, and help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In the coming weeks, we will continue to monitor the situation and make an informed decision about our future sessions.